Skincare for long-lasting summer looks
Good skin is always the most important step when ensuring your look will last all day long. Melt-proof your summer beauty look by assuring your skin is in its best condition.
- First of all, your skin needs water and lots of it. Drink 8-10 glasses of water daily and eat clean to nourish it from within. When your skin is nourished and hydrated is smoother and your looks are long-lasting. Dehydrated skin tends to have bigger pores and absorbs makeup and skincare faster.
- Use SPF!!! Burned skin does not hold your beauty look properly and ages faster. A good way to get SPF into your routine it’s by using primers with sun protection. My newest fave is Supergoop Glowscreen Sunscreen SPF 40 - Sets your skin with a beautiful hydrated glow, while nourishing it and preparing it for the sun.
- Skin tends to get more dehydrated in the summer and tends to soak up your look faster. Keep it simple! Use fast-absorbing lightweight products. Gel texture and water-based serums are great to give your skin a quick hydration boost. I love The Inkey List Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum.
Your Hair and make it long-lasting
Heat and Humidity are not great friends for your hair. In South Florida, you can feel the summer coming by the frizz in your hair. Here are some cool tips to ensure your hair looks beautiful and your look is long-lasting.
- Brush it to distribute all the oils from the roots keeping it naturally moisturized and less greasy looking.
- Keep your hair nourished with a weekly Hair Mask, Haielle Hydrate masque is a wonderful concentrated fusion of amino acids, enzymes, proteins, peptides, and fatty acids.
- Use a heat protectant before using hot styling tools and hot weather. Aveda Sun Care Protective Hair Veil is amazing, lightweight, and water-resistant.
- Wrap it in silk or sleep on a silk pillow to avoid more frizz.
- Washing it every day will unbalance your natural oils, making your roots too dry or in some cases, making your scalp overproduce oils. Wash a maximum of two times a week. You can use a dry shampoo or co-wash between washes to keep your scalp fresh.
- Use styling products that lock in your hair shaft and repel moisture to avoid frizz. Aveda Brilliant Anti-Humectant pomadeAveda Brilliant Anti-Humectant pomade is a great frizz controlling ally.
- When curling your hair there are three essentials: First prepare the hair with a heat protectant that also creates hold, I love Sexy Hair Hot Control Me Thermal Working Hair Spray. Pin the curl using a small diameter wand or curling iron and ALWAYS pin the curl while hot and let it cool completely before releasing it.
- Don't touch your hair, every time you touch it or rub it you are creating more frizz and undoing your style. If you must touch it be sure your hands are clean (not oily) and rub them together before so they would be warm and help with frizz control.
Summer is the season to have fun, be light and add lots of colors! I hope these tips help you enjoy it even more when creating looks that are melt-proof and last beautifully!
Let's have fun in the sun!